Monday, July 18, 2011

How can the President seriously claim that he is for the middle class and scold Congress for taking a recess?

First I am middle class. I make $70k a year and every policy that he puts forward hurts the middle class and poor. 1)Taking away oil companies ability to take depletion & accelerated depreciation of its assets (that is the subsidies they refer too) is going to reduce oil exploration and increase the oil company expenses. This will of course cause an increase in heating oil and gas prices. Of course since gas prices will be higher that will cause increase in trucking and shipping and another increase in airfares. So now my necessities (food, heat and gas) are more expensive and if I am able to scrape together enough money for a vacation (which is unlikley) it will be more expensive too. What your moretoreum on oil drilling did not contribute to the rise in oil enough? To top it off the new EPA regualations which is essentially the Cap and Tax law that failed in Congress not only kills jobs in the clean coal industries but will raise my electricity bill as well. Now who does these increases hurt more the middle class or the Fat Cat in his corporate jet? Second in the last few months the President has played 17 rounds of golf (min 2.5 hrs) and held 33 fundraisers (lets say all time included 3hrs each) and then scolds Washington saying he has been there bc he met with each caucus for 1.5 hrs. So that is 142hrs to 6hrs. I guess the heart of this question is how can any regular working Joe like myself defend this policy. Best answer to anyone that can show me the error in my logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment